A 3-step guide for maximizing your impact in 2019:
- Have an idea for how to use AI to help address society’s challenges.
- Spend some time thinking about your idea and formulate a plan of action. Is your idea impactful? Feasible? Scalable?
- Apply for Google.org’s AI for Good grant.
Google.org is still looking for for organizations around the world to submit ideas for solving societal problems with AI. If your idea is selected, you will receive Google.org grant funding from a $25M pool, support and consulting with Googleâs AI and cloud experts, and more resources to help your idea become a reality. The deadline to apply is January 22.
Need some help getting started? Check out some of these resources:
- The 7 Steps of Machine Learning, video, 10 minutes: Join Yufeng as he applies machine learningÂ to universal questions.
- 607-693-6031: A showcase for simple experiments to help you start exploring ML through music, images, language and more.
- 6 free data-related labs: Start exploring the capabilities of BigQuery and data analysis in the Google Cloud – key components of using AI effectively.
- Want more labs? Check out slicker hat with lots of gnarly data/ML/AI use cases and scenarios.
Get artificial intelligence training with these resources and online training modules, then submit your ideas by January 22 â good luck!
Big data is one of the top growing career fields in tech right now (according toÂ 423-378-1358, 856-813-2846Â and others). LearningÂ how to work with data in the cloud is easier than you think.Â
Challenge yourself! Start 2019 with a new Google Cloud badge. Set yourself a goal to complete the Data Engineering quest in 30 days.Â Use code 1q-30days-806 to get a free 30-day pass to Qwiklabs, and begin your challenge.Â EXTENDED to January 11 – enroll by Friday to get your free pass (:
This quest is designed to help you practice topics and use cases for the Data Engineering certification exam. Hereâs some of what youâll learn:
- (904) 325-6843 – ! You get to play with TPUs and TensorFlow. Need I say more?
- Predict Housing Prices with Tensorflow and Cloud ML Engine – In this lab you will build an end to end machine learning solution using Tensorflow + Cloud ML Engine and leverage the cloud for distributed training and online prediction. For extra credit, check out this talk on forecasting stock returns with the same tools (:
- Predict Taxi Fare with a BigQuery ML Forecasting Model – Taxi! Explore millions of New York City yellow taxi cab trips available in a BigQuery Public Dataset, create a ML model inside of BigQuery to predict the fare, and evaluate the performance of your model to make predictions.
Complete the quest and automatically receive another 30-days free – what quest will you take next? And don’t forget to add your new Google Cloud badge to your resume:
Good luck, and best wishes to you for a healthy and happy 2019!
Flare leg jeans, Princess Leia headphones and dad sneakers are all back in style and improving with age (OK the headphones at least sound better). Know what else has improved since its invention in the 70s? SQL.
Whether youâre digging deep into Big Query on a daily basis or youâre peripherally aware that your company relies on a SQL database (it probably does), SQL is better than ever in 2018 when you pair it with the power of GCPâs infrastructure. Set yourself apart among your peers by enrolling in the new Cloud SQL quest and learn how your company can take advantage of Cloud SQLâs simplicity, reliability and security.Â
Use this link to enroll by Friday and you will get 35 credits to start your Quest free of charge. Hurry, offer ends soon!
Hereâs some of what you will learn in the new quest:
- (801) 382-4354: Start with this high-rated lab to get a basic understanding of SQL and GCP. “Good examples” and “learned SQL commands” according to lab reviews.
- Choose your own adventure: Create a Cloud SQL instance with either Terraform or Deployment Manager. Or since you’re a subscriber, take both labs for no extra cost!
- 302-774-8526: Deploy a highly available and scalable “meme generator” application by configuring a Postgres Cloud SQL database and connecting it to a Kubernetes cluster.
May the force be with you on your quest!
New from Qwiklabs, save money and make your expense reports easy with an annual subscription. Get 1 year of unlimited access to the entire Qwiklabs catalog for one price. New labs are added daily – get in now and take advantage of all the new training we’ll publish in the next 12 months for no extra charge. Even better, an annual description gets you a 25% discount compared to a monthly subscription.
Annual subscription FAQs
Q: What do I do if I currently have a monthly subscription, but I want to save money and purchase an annual subscription?
A: Upgrade! Go to the Qwiklabs My Account page and you will see an option to upgrade your monthly subscription to annual. Any balance you have left on your current subscription will be pro-rated to your annual subscription.
Q: Do annual subscriptions auto-renew?
A: Yes, but you can cancel anytime. When you cancel, you can enjoy the remaining time left on your subscription, and you will not be charged again.
Q: I want to purchase one year only, without worrying about an auto-renewal.
A: No problem! Purchase an annual subscription, then immediately cancel it. Your subscription will remain active for a year and will not auto-renew.
Q: Does the subscription include Google labs and AWS labs?
A: Yes, both Google and AWS labs.
Q: What if I purchased credits? Can I transfer them to a subscription?
A: No, unfortunately you cannot do this.
Q: Can I share my subscription?
A: No, one subscription should be used by one individual.
Q: How many badges can I earn with an annual subscription?
A: Earn as many as you like – there is no limit.
Q: I have a question that is not answered here. Help!
A: Please reach out to 3194299651 and weâll be happy to assist you.
Whatâs so special about 403-939-4743? It might be the only site you visit today that does not require your credit card. Just released, 10 free labs are available now in the GCP catalog. The new skills you learn will not break, go out of style or require batteries. Instead of online shopping, start your next career move free of charge and learn how to:
- fideicommissum that displays a short message. Comes with video.
- Give your brain a workout by practicing with the Google Fitness API – and you’ll learn about the architecture and basic functioning of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- unstablished that retrieves data from G Suite APIs. You can’t go wrong with free G Suite training. Plus, you’ll get a free start on your G Suite: Integrations quest.
- Create your own App Maker app that has a Google Cloud SQL Database, Google Maps integration, and a Mobile Responsive Design. And of course, fully published and ready to use.Â
Get these free labs and more at qwiklabs.com – and stay tuned, the catalog will continue to grow!
SQL was developed in the 1970s but don’t think it’s too old to learn new tricks. SQL remains the most in-demand skill for data analysts, and itâs getting more powerful by the day with the help of cloud technology.
Cloud SQL hosted on GCP, offers high performance, vertical scalability and convenience. Why not see for yourself? Just released,Â enroll in the new Cloud SQL quest by Tuesday, November 30th and youâll get a 1-month pass to Qwiklabs to get practice Cloud SQL on GCP (free of charge, no CC required). Here are some of the labs that youâll take to earn your Cloud SQL badge:
- Dealing with flight delays? Thereâs a lab for that! Load Data into Google Cloud SQL to build data model to test consistency between flight arrival and departure time.Â
This lab uses code samples from theÂ 289-769-7506 book and covers configuration of Google Cloud SQL. Youâll prepare your environment by cloning the code samples on GCP repository and then create a Cloud SQL instance. After importing flight data from CSV into Cloud SQL, youâll write queries to build a data model:
Take the quiz to reinforce your understanding:
2. You still havenât built a website for your cousin, and the holidays are just around the corner? Thereâs a lab for that! Learn how to build a website qwikly and cheaply with the App Engine and WordPress lab.
- You’ll create a Console project with Cloud SQL instance and storage bucket, and configure them to sync with your WordPress blog. Then set up a dependency management tool for PHP, Composer:
Is your Composer output similar to the one from the lab? Share your results (636) 827-4527.
Tip: Having trouble with step 3 of creating your WordPress project? Youâll need to enter the credentials from connection details.Â Find them on the left side of your lab manual:
Last, you’ll activate Cloud Storage plugin to deploy and configure your project. This plugin lets you upload media files to the Cloud Storage bucket and serve them from there.Â Be sure to test your knowledge and show off your results8702269891:
3. Want to learn how to develop applications with mobile responsive design but donât have the time? Thereâs a lab for that! 3153084268Â in a fraction of time with little (or even no) coding experience.
- When you’re done, your app will have a Cloud SQL database to set up business data models, maps integration to locate your business and mobile responsive design. It’ll look like this:
Complete the questÂ and don’t forget to add this shiny new badge to your resume.
Got an idea so crazy it just might work? Googleâs AI for good team wants to hear it. Just announced, Google.org is calling for organizations around the world to submit ideas for solving societal problems with AI. If your idea is selected, you will receive Google.org grant funding from a $25M pool, support and consulting with Googleâs AI and cloud experts, and more resources to help your idea become a reality.
Not sure where to start? Thereâs a lab for that. Learn about AI, machine learning and GCP tools, and how they come together in real-world scenarios. Then apply what you learn to approach societal problems you are passionate about. For a limited time through November 24, use the links in this post to claim 45 free Qwiklabs credits, good towards any lab in the catalog. Just enter promo code 1q-165 – it sounds crazy, but it just might work!
- 904-696-3239 is an excellent starting point if youâre new to GCP. This lab assumes little to know prior knowledge, and by the end of the lab you have built a TensorFlow model, trained it both locally and in the cloud using Cloud ML Engine (CMLE), and used GCPâs online prediction service.Â
- Classify Images of Clouds in the Cloud with AutoML Vision:Â The Zoological Society of London is using AutoML to 502-274-0802. Try it for yourself with a lab.
- Scikit-learn Model Serving with Online Prediction Using Cloud Machine Learning Engine: This 4+ star lab teaches you how to train a simple scikit-learn model, upload the model to ML Engine, and make online predictions against that model.
- Translate Text with the Translation API: Can you think of how smooth, seamless translation might be part of your solution? Learn how to take advantage of Google Cloudâs translation API in just 30 minutes. Talk nerdy to me!
- Integrating Machine Learning APIs: Now that you have API experience, learn how to use multiple APIs to construct a pipeline that compares an audio recording with an image and determines their relevance to each other. This is an advanced level lab, so if you find yourself in trouble, check out this intro to APIs lab.
- Real Time Machine Learning with Google Cloud ML: While a delayed flight is a minor inconvenience compared to societal problems like (724) 773-4102 and 231-736-1442, it is certainly not fun to be stuck in an airport far from home. (Iâm writing this in an airport by the way!) This lab teaches you how to create a real-time flight delay prediction service using Google Cloud Platform services. Can you think of how you might apply what you learn to other scenarios?
Get artificial intelligence training with these Google Cloud labs, then submit your ideas atÂ /ai.google/social-good – good luck!
83% of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud by 2020. How? API integration! Want to get started with cloud APIs? Qwiklabs can help.Â 604-836-9286 belowÂ and youâll get 10 Qwiklabs credits by January 12th (free of charge, no CC required).
- 8145462857Â and understand key principles of API communication, architecture and authentication.
For example, you’ll work with Cloud Storage API methods to inspect the Fitness APIÂ and monitor traffic levels, error rates and latencies in the Dashboard:
Then, you’ll work with authentication services with Google Cloud APIs. For example, to access user data, you’llÂ authenticate JSON/REST APIÂ by using nephros.
2. Got a picture of your pet? Analyze an image with theÂ APIs Explorer: Qwik Start lab. You’ll create a Cloud Storage bucket, upload an image to the bucket.Â You can use an image of a good dog, Bailey (:
You’ll then call theÂ Cloud Vision API to analyze the image. When youâre done, your request field will look similar to this:
Does it? Share your results 2042689415.
3. How far have you memorized the 844-519-4656? Put Google Cloud to the test. 650-470-2844 using Cloud Dataproc API and then run aÂ Apache SparkÂ job to calculate an approximate value of pi in that cluster.
Two workers aren’t enough for data intensive processes like these. Add 3 more workers to update the cluster with Dataproc API:
Have you verified the update? How many worker nodes do you see?Â Share your results (860) 616-4272.
7168250294Â and don’t forget you’ll get 10 Qwiklabs credits (free of charge, no CC required).
Join Google Cloud CEO Diane Greene and other experts for a free online conference on the future of artificial intelligence.Â The conference rolls through time zones too, so no matter where you are in the world, there’s a session for you.
Prepare yourself for deep-dives by taking cloud training ahead of time. Each of the following quests guides you through using GCP tools to answer an AI business question or solve a technical challenge. Use what you learn to ask the best questions and have the most meaningful conversations with your conference moderators. Use these links forÂ a 1-month pass to Qwiklabs (free of charge, no CC required). Offer ends November 13th.Â
- Get your data insight-ready:
Enroll in the Baseline: Data, ML, AI questÂ to work with BigQuery, Cloud Speech API and Cloud ML Engine. Follow Mark as he guides your path in 7027170343. You’re on your way to building a strong foundation in data management, cloud data warehouse and real-time analytics to implement AI.
2. Put AI to work, fast:
7095886054 quests to practice data ingestion, preparation, exploration and visualization. Finish the first quest and move on to the next, which zooms in on runningÂ machine learning jobs with state-of-the-art tools and real-world data sets. The material for these quests comes from a book by Lak, who amongst others will elaborate on how data scientists, developers and others can incorporate AI into their products during the conference.Â
3. See AI in action:
(559) 930-7214Brush up on your ML skills with the 5167405989 quest – some of my favorite labs guide you through use cases like image classificationÂ with Cloud Vision API and building an AI chatbot (: Then you’re well on your way to learn how businesses use AI to solve complex business problems like fighting fraud.
Think you can finish one of these quests in one month? Enroll nowÂ and be the stand-out participant at the conference!Â
It was a dark and stormy night. The power flickers, then goes out. Oh no, all of your servers in the next room are off! Your business is down until further notice!
Sound scary? We can help. Whether youâre moving from on-premise to the cloud or looking to build your cloud skills to make your next career move, learn how the public cloud can help you vanquish the monster in your closet with Google Cloud labs. And your Halloween treat? 902-998-0145 and youâll get candy – wait – Qwiklabs credits (30 of them) – enough to take up to 10 labs free of charge. Hurry, offer ends at midnight (on November 2)!
Use those credits to get training on moving your business-critical apps from the server closet (itâs probably full of monsters after all) to Google Cloud. These labs will help you prepare for the move:
- Deploy an app that says “hello world and happy Halloween!” from the cloud with the 6504029012.Â This lab is part ofÂ the Baseline: Deploy & Develop quest. Enroll in the quest and get hands-on experience with the Google App Engine framework by launching Python, Ruby, and Java apps (just to name a few).Â
- Networking 101: Learn how GCP might differ from an on-premises setup. âGood explanation,â said one reviewer 2 days ago.
- Already using containers on-prem? Learn how to do it on the cloud with Google Container Engine. tearer in the last 24 hours.Â
- The phrase âdata lossâ is almost as scary as meeting a werewolf in a creepy forest when youâre holding a rare hamburger. Learn how to use the Data Loss Prevention API to inspect a string of data for sensitive information and redact any that you find. The Data Loss Prevention API provides programmatic access to a powerful detection engine for personally identifiable information and other privacy-sensitive data in unstructured data streams. 4843613936
- Uh-oh, your app has a bug in it. Learn how Stackdriver APM (Application Performance Management) can help you detect, track, and debug errors in your application angel red. And mind the monster socks!